The Restorative Justice Conference 2018Tuesday 27th February 2018
Congress Centre London | Thursday 1st March | 11.00am - 3.30pm
Restorative justice repairs some of the damage caused by crime. It can help to reform offenders and support victims. The Ministry of Justice continues to push for effective RJ to be provided under the pillars of equal access, raised awareness and understanding, and good quality services.
Join Westminster Briefing for a Ministry of Justice Good Practice Workshop, an update on the policy landscape and to assess the next steps for RJ.
- Lucy Derilo, Senior Policy Manager - Restorative Justice, Ministry of Justice
- David Smith, Victims and Witnesses Services Advisor, Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner for West Yorkshire
- Trevor Watson, Policy and Campaign Officer, Why me?
- Gary Stephenson, Chief Executive, Restorative Solutions
- Liz Fowler, Restorative Justice Operations Manager, Northamptonshire Youth Offending Service
- Darren Carson, RJ Co-Ordinator, Northamptonshire Youth Offending Service
- Kevin Vanterpool (Chair), Independent Victim Services Consultant & Former Head of Criminal Justice, Cambridgeshire Constabulary
- Further speakers TBC
Key Issues to be Addressed:
- Update of the Restorative Justice Action Plan 2016-18: progress so far
- The role of PCCs in commissioning and developing RJ
- Improving access to RJ for victims at all stages of the CJS
- Raising awareness of RJ and its benefits
- Ensuring quality: the importance of trained facilitators delivering RJ
- Best practice case studies of supporting victims and reforming offenders
- Measuring success in RJ